Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Back from Japan

Finally back from Japan after an amazing trip. Definitely a foodie destination! My taste buds were incredibly stimulated for the entire duration of the trip. I missed my wines, but sake did his job pretty well. More will come soon, but for the moment a few pictures of the trip!

Dumplings soup at local izakaya

Amazing pasta with uni (sea urchin, ricci) 

Bento box in the shinkansen

Best crab dish of my life at Asaba

Unagi dish (eel, anguilla) 

Lovely little appetizer with a special mention to the wild boar (cinghiale) pancetta

Some very jelly dessert (did not like it much)

Little fishes for breakfast

Breakfast Japanese style

Sake luxury serving at Hoshinoya

The smallest tomatos I have ever seen 

Cappuccino bear at TVB in Kyoto

Overall quality of dessert was to die for .....

Sushi counter at random supermarket ....

Shabu Shabu

Fresh wasabi 

Okonomiyaki, so yuuuummmyyyy!!!!!

Kuwai - small delicious potato

Dodgy street food

Dinner with our Japanese family....

King crab

Gyoza

Sake tasting with the amazing Yukari Sakamoto

Tonkatsu at Tonki .. tonkalicious!!!

FUGU ... but I survived ....

No comments:

Post a Comment