Sunday, July 24, 2011

Chateau Prieure' Lichine - Margaux 1982


My first post will be about a bottle I drank a few days ago, on a Friday night with friends to celebrate something special that has happened in our lives. So I decided to open a bottle I bought recently of one of the best vintages in Bordeaux - 1982. I bought this bottle from a trusted retailer in Zurich, but of course there is always a bit of tension when opening a bottle that is 30 years old. What to expect? A dead wine or something spectacular?  In 1982 I was 7 years old and Italy won the football world cup in Spain, what a year! Will the wine keep up with my expectations? Let's see.....

We opened the bottle half an hour before drinking, then we poured it in the glasses and here we are...already the colour is beautiful, deep red without a sign of his 29 years. On the nose is fantastic, complex with loads of smells making it hard to believe that this liquid spent so much time in this bottle. On the palate it confirms all the good feeling he already promised from the nose, it is smooth, silky, in a few words beautiful!!!!

I have one more bottle and will keep it for another special occasion, this wine is FANTASTICO!

No comments:

Post a Comment