Monday, August 8, 2011

A lovely surprise from Santorini

When I think about Santorini my first thoughts goes to the most beautiful sunsets I have seen in my life, it is such an amazing island. The white of the house mix magically with the deep blue of the sea and the dark colour of the volcano soil. It is one of the most incredible place I have ever been.
And now another thought will come to my mind when thinking about Santorini......WINE!
We had last night an amazing bottle of white wine coming from this island: Assyrtiko Thalassatis 2009 from Gaia Estate Wines . The wine has a fantastic smell of grapefruit, orange but you can also feel his minerality. In the mouth is full with a great long finish. Another confirmation of how wide is the world of wine and how many great surprises it can reserve. Next time I am in Athens I will look for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment