Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I AM BACK....I AM ALIVE!!!

Cannot believe that the last time I wrote here was more than a month ago. Time flies and especially during this last period. We spent our time traveling like crazy; in these last 50 days I have spent many days in Florence and a host of other locations: Alba, Udine, twice in Athens, twice in Trabzon and Bucharest....way too many planes, airports and kilometers by car.
Panino Con Lampredotto
But the reality is that I also had the occasion for some fantastic dinners and eating some amazing meals. So, where to start? From the panino with Lampredotto I had in Florence or from the amazing fiorentina we had in Chianti? From the curious brain meatballs I just tried in Bucharest or from the Kofte, this lovely meat dish from Trabzon? Let's say that definitely the culinary highlight of this last period was Italy, the bella Italia. We discovered some amazing new restaurants in Firenze and the weekend we spent in Chianti was simply incredible....we love this area and it is amazing how peaceful and remote could be a spot that it is only a few kilometers away from Firenze. For tonight just a few pictures of this amazing time, more restaurant and wine suggestions to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment